Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How do we "sharpen the saw"?

In Day #17 Blogging Ideas, Michelle Schaeffer suggested writing about, “What is something that many people assume about your business?” Great idea and here's the first on the list:

Because we work with the development of leadership skills for your personal and professional worlds, I’m reminded of something people tend to assume in this business; many people think someone who has been a manager/supervisor/leader has all the answers – that they’ve experienced it all.
Well, of course, no way! If you’ve led people at work, on a team, on a committee, you have certainly seen LOTS of interesting "stuff", but not everything. And all the training in the world can’t equip you for the range of “unexpecteds” you’ll encounter in situations and peoples’ behaviors.
That’s why our mantra is “You Never Stop Learning”. For each of us, growth and the need for development go on. We can constantly renew our abilities to work with those unexpected situations and behaviors.
My ProStar Coach FOCUS Page


What helps me? I spend time each week in my online personal development workbook/system: ProStar Coach. 


My FOCUS for ACTION & REFLECTION this week and last has been on three Personal Strengths: EFFORT, SELF-CONFIDENCE AND COMMITMENT.
Many of us have worked with all three throughout our careers, but don’t you sometimes just want to “sharpen the saw” as Covey taught us in Habit #7?
That’s what I do with ProStar – I work reflection activities each week that force me to go a little deeper into personal strengths and people skills that we all need for success. And many of the postings on the Ultimate Challenge Blog have been things I incorporated into my reflection activities. They've been a great help.

Strong Relationships + Solid Leadership = Success for Everyone

Question for you: What specific personal strengths and people skills have you targeted for yourself?











No comments: