Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Uniqueness

A beautiful thought for the end of the holiday week...and to begin our look at behavior styles beginning tomorrow.




We are not powerless specks of dust drifting around in the wind, blown by random destiny.

We are, each of us, like beautiful snowflakes- unique, and born for a specific
reason and purpose.

by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross


Not only is this beautiful and commonly understood, it ties into the series beginning tomorrow on human behavior styles; so this is good time to remind each of us of our amazing uniqueness and the snowflake analogy is apt.

Whatever we can learn about why we behave the way we do, it's vital to remember that we are each our own person; that we have a core that’s developed in early life and been influenced as we grow by environment, adults, other kids, values that were instilled and so much more.  We’ll take a look this month….
image:
its.caltech.edu

6 comments:

Dana said...

I look forward to reading the series!

Dana said...

I look forward to reading the series!

Monick Halm said...

Thanks for the reminder about our uniqueness. I look forward to the upcoming series.

Best,
Monick

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder of how special we all are. I look forward to more posts.

Maryann Matas said...

It's amazing how we thought we knew ourselves when we were younger and then wonder how we survived to present day. I know and am excited that I will grow and change into the future. I too, love to learn and discover new things in my life.

Christine Mann said...

Thanks to all of you for the great comments - I look forward to connecting with you more as we get into the behavioral discussions.