Monday, July 16, 2012

Fabulous Blog Award Thanks

I certainly want to thank Refreshingly Riki for the Fabulous Blog Award. She’s been one of the great finds in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

The rules suggest I provide the following:

1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog - check out Riki's blog

2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life

3. Name 5 things that you love

4. Name 5 things you hate

5. Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers


Fabulous Fab moments in my life

  1. 1. Snowmobiling through Yellowstone in a January years ago – the place was nearly deserted, we rarely saw other riders on the 168 mile trip and it was spectacular in way you can never see in the summer trip.
2. Living aboard our 42’ Grand Banks trawler on the York River in Glouster Point, VA. Marina life was so much fun, so social, some of the greatest friends I’ve ever made and of course the boating in Tidewater Virginia and North Carolina and out to the Chesapeake Bay was extraordinary.

3. Living in Corolla, NC on the upper Outer Banks – how amazing in the winter, no tourists – hardly anyone but locals around, hayrides and toddies for the holidays, the Currituck Lighthouse beam seen for miles at night and splendid seclusion.

4. Becoming a mother to my husband’s grown son and then his wife – I missed all the tough growing-up-raising-kids years, but sure do like this new role.

5. Realizing last night that my husband and I are celebrating our THIRD wedding anniversary today! It always surprises us because we’ve been together for so many years – just sneaks up each July. We were perfectly fine with our living status until his grandson came along (I claim him too) and then it seemed important to all have the same name – good decision.




Five Things I Love

  1. Time to read
  2. Sunshine and the water
  3. The mountains – the more remote the better
  4. Time with family, not just the kids, but Mom, Dad, sisters and brother – we’re just too spread out around the country – wish we had an old homestead where we could gather
  5. The Snake River jet boat rides – we’re going this week as our third anniversary celebration – it’s the deepest canyon in the US and wickedly wild country

Five Things I hate:

  1. People who cut in line
  2. Keeping up with my hair color
  3. Those who answer their cell phones while I’m talking to them face to face
  4. People who park in the left lane without passing anyone (riding with my mom one time, I got nervous about all the people who passed us on the right and commented that maybe she should be in the right lane – well!– shouldn’t I have known better?!?!? – she said, “I pay taxes that pay for this road! I’ll drive in any lane I want!” And she does.)
  5. Not seeing my five year old grandson every day – his most recent “too-cute-for-words-comment” was last week on the phone, ”My mom has a baby in her tummy and I’m a frog with a fly in my tummy!” (Maybe you have to be the grandmother, but it was hysterical!)

Five Favorite Bloggers in this Challenge (I’ll break the rule and name more than five that I look forward to following.) In no particular order, I like reading:

  1. Tammie and Alessa of http://www.carolinaheartstrings.com/ - just gorgeous
  2. Celebrations: Roy A. Ackerman - always interesting reads
  3. April Smith AdmnSuperwoman - excellent tips
  4. Allison Crow - her inspiring attitude
  5. Shawn Snyder of the Odd Couple Blog - common sense applied to marriage and life
  6. Jackie Bledsoe Jr. - the whiteboard thought of the day and more

 Thanks again for the Fabulous Blog Award

Image credits:
Yellowstone: winteryellowstone.com
Currituck Lighthouse: lighthousefriends.com
42’ Grand Banks: grand-banks-classic-42.yacht-spotting.com
Snake River jet boat ride: riverquestexcursions.comriverquestexcursions.com
Rose: polyvore.com

3 comments:

shawn said...

Thank you for the award Christine. I enjoyed reading your answers. You might be surprised to know I have done some of the things you mentioned and they are some of my favorite things. I'll follow up soon with my answers.

Amy Putkonen said...

I love this post. What a fun mini-challenge inside of a challenge!

I so agree with your Fab 5 Moments. Wow. My husband and I want to travel more and lots once my daughter graduates and leaves home. Not so much that we miss out on Grandparentness, but enough to see things we've never seen. That snowmobiling ride through Yellowstone just got added to my bucket list and one of our dream vacations is to rent a houseboat and live in it for some time.

Thanks for a great list!

Christine Mann said...

Shawn, I'm not at all surprised to discover we have things in common -I feel that from reading your blog! Thanks for writing.

And Amy - for sure - go for it when you can and take lots of pictures!