Monday, June 25, 2012

Fun Foods for the 4th

I'm in a very holiday and summery mood and find it hard to talk about personal development right now. Summer has finally arrived in north Idaho, kids are coming home next week and it’s all about fun and outdoors these days.

So take a look at this:

I've recently come across these dishes, I have no recipes, but they're very cute and you can tell by the image how to do it - more work than I may ever put in on a dish, but they are almost irresistible! And it's better to see things like this the week BEFORE an event rather than the week of the event - some things take time to create, don't they?


Actually, if you DO make something like this, I think it should count in the personal development category!

Deviled Eggs
















Bruchetta
























Can any one actually create these????
You are the master of patience and creativity.

Melons, Kiwi and Cream Cheese



5 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

So, let me get this straight. We are going to celebrate our freedom by slaving away to make these concoctions?
I will let the catering halls have their fun- my food choices will be easy, tasty, and appealing!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

The egg recipes are cute, but wow! the fruit is so visually appealing. I could picture little mini versions of this as personal appetizers or larger for buffets... or... make with vegs... or...

Carolina HeartStrings said...

The egg recipes are cute, but wow! the fruit is so visually appealing. I could picture little mini versions of this as personal appetizers or larger for buffets... or... make with vegs... or...

Christine Mann said...

No, no, no! I'M not going to slave away on these. My simplest kitchen creations go south instantly - wouldn't even try to pull these off - but they ARE gorgeous - for someone else to make.

Christine Mann said...

Alessa, the difference between us is that you'll be able to make any of these - and see new recipes come out of the - and I just look at the pretty pictures. But I love your recipes - my stack of stuff to make grows each time I visit your site.